Curious how to use worm castings for your plants? We outline how to use them in 3 main areas, Vegetables & Fruits, Yards & Landscapes, and Crops & Farms. Read on to see how Simple Grow can help your plants thrive!
Worm Castings for Vegetable and Fruit Gardens
Ever wish your fruits and vegetables would grow faster and bigger? Have you ever wondered how your neighbors are able to get such impressive results, while your plants leave much to be desired? If you're tired of the results you're getting, the worm castings in Simple Grow Soil Builder are the silver bullet you've been looking for.
Adding just a little bit of earthworm castings will help your plants sprout faster, grow consistently, and get bigger than you ever thought possible. Whether you're planting tomatoes, potatoes, corn, green beans, fruit trees, or anything else, worm castings will make a massive difference.
You won't find an easier soil supplement to work with anywhere. You can't use too much and you never have to worry about damaging your plants with worm castings.
What exactly is it that makes worm castings the perfect supplement for fruits and vegetables?
- High microbial activity – the good bacteria in castings create the perfect growing environment for your plants.
- Natural soil aeration – the ball-like shape of the castings prevent soil from crushing around the roots of your plants, ensuring that they get the oxygen they need to thrive.
Water retention – Castings absorb moisture and hold onto it. Long after soil loses its moisture, castings are still providing roots with essential water.
Trace elements – One of the major advantages that castings have over synthetic fertilizers is that they contain trace elements like manganese, copper, magnesium, zinc, borax, iron and cobalt.
Easily absorbed nutrients – Although at first glance, it may seem like worm castings don't have the nutrients found in regular fertilizers. However, the key difference is that they're much more easily absorbed by plants. They're ready to use instantly and it takes minimal effort for the plants.
- Natural pest-resistance – Worm castings have built-in pest-resistance. This means you can keep pests off of your plants without the use of harmful chemicals being sprayed all over them.
- Disease protection – If you've gardened for very long, there's a good chance some of your plants have dealt with damage from diseases at some point. The healthy microbes in castings form a protective barrier around your plants that will combat disease throughout their life cycle.
If you're ready to take your garden to the next level (think blue ribbon at the county fair), then you need to try worm castings.
Worm Castings for Crops, Fields, and Farms
Growing crops of any kind can be a stressful experience. Attempting to get your crops to pan out like you want them can be a gamble, and you might have a lot at stake. Wouldn't it be nice to minimize the risk associated with your crops this year?
If that sounds attractive, it's time for you to explore worm castings. How can earthworm castings help your crops?
- Cost-effective soil supplement at large scale – With the potency of worm castings, a little bit can go a long way. Worm castings also have natural pest-resistance built-in, so you can avoid the cost of a lot of expensive pesticides also.
- Use less water – Besides the cost savings of the product, you'll also be able to realize savings in how much water you give your crops. Many farms have been able to cut their water consumption by up to 50% by using worm castings, due to their ability to retain moisture in the soil.
- Increased yield – In the farming business, yield can make all the difference. Worm castings have the ability to increase yields by more than 25% on many crops. By the time you factor that into the cost-benefit analysis of worm castings, it starts to make a lot of sense.
- Easy to handle – With many commercial fertilizers, you have to wear protective equipment when handling them. The toxic fumes can kill you and they can burn your skin. With worm castings, you can pick them up with your bare hand without worrying about injury. They're also not disgusting to handle like other organic fertilizers. They also have no smell to deal with.
- Organic matter – Unlike traditional fertilizers, worm castings are comprised of organic matter. This supplements the soil in a way that leads to long-term benefits. Many commercial fertilizers strip the soil of nutrients and can leave them barren after a few years of use. With earthworm castings, you actually enhance the soil for the long-term. The organic matter in the castings deposits itself into the soil and into the plants. Most regular fertilizers are just designed for a short-term boost of nitrogen to get crops growing. Worm castings help you now and in the future.
- Disease protection – If you've been farming for several years, you most likely have had to contend with diseases in your crops. Depending on the disease, it could completely devastate your crops. By planting your crops with worm castings, they'll have a protective barrier around them throughout their life cycle. That means you lose fewer crops to disease, and improve the bottom line.
If you're tired of messing around with inferior fertilizers on your crops, it might be time to give worm castings a shot.
Worm Castings for Yards and Landscapes
Ever drive up to your house and wish the yard or landscaping looked a little more desirable? Whether your landscape is full of trees, flowers or grass, worm castings can give them a boost.
With worm castings, you can achieve results that you never before thought were possible. How exactly are earthworm castings supposed to help you improve your yard, flowers, and trees?
- Organic Matter – One of the common issues that people have when growing trees and grass is that the soil is too barren, due to a lack of organic matter. Commercial fertilizers won't help with this problem and many people turn to compost in this situation. With worm castings, you get the nutrients and minerals of an amazing fertilizer, while also depositing essential organic matter into the soil.
- Moisture Retention – Trees are known for stretching their roots out to great distances in order to absorb essential water necessary for growth. But what if there's just not that much moisture in the soil in your area? Worm castings can help here too. Earthworm castings actually absorb and retain moisture in the soil so that it's there when your tree roots need it. This allows you to get by with using less water overall.
- Flowers Bloom Faster and Grow Bigger – Studies have shown that worm castings help seeds germinate and sprout up faster than normal. Not only that, but it's not just a short-term boost either. The trace elements in castings contribute to lasting growth for flowers over the long.
- Keep Pests Away – Depending on where you live, you might have to deal with pests getting on your flowers and destroying them. Flowers planted in worm castings actually have a protective barrier around them from the healthy microbes in the castings. This ensures that your flowers will be there for the entire season without being eaten up by bugs.
- Built-in Disease Protection – Flowers, trees, and grass can fall victim to some nasty diseases that prevent growth or keep them from realizing their full potential. The microbial activity in worm castings helps plants avoid diseases throughout their life cycle.
Earthworm castings help your yard and landscape more easily get the nutrients, air and water they need to thrive like never before. If you're tired of getting the same old results, it might be time to step up to worm castings.